Teleconference Board of Directors Meeting
January 25, 2018
The RQHA Inc Board of Directors meeting was called to order by Arzenet Burnes at 6:16 PM via telephone conference. The Board of Directors, Officers and guests met in the homes of Penny Welch and Arzenet Burnes with the remaining Board Members conferenced via telephone.
Board Members & Officers in Attendance:
Arzenet Burnes, Penny Welch & Julie Napier
Members/Guests in Attendance:
Matt Howell, Robert Briggs, Robin Hill, Alice Cone, Savannah Maylone, Mary Rowland, Katy Dove & Cheyenne Guelker
Treasurer's Report: (Julie Napier)
The Treasurer's report was submitted by Julie Napier. The club currently has $19,809.97 in checking. Mary made a motion to accept the treasurer's report as submitted. Matt seconded the motion. Motion passed. RQHA, Inc.'s checking account is at First Financial in Abilene, Texas.
Savannah made a motion that the funds being transferred from Remuda Quarter Horse Inc in the amount of $5,587.33 be used to open a savings account at First Financial in Abilene. Robert seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Julie will email a spreadsheet to Robert, Penny & Arzenet that lists every transaction from Remuda Quarter Horse Inc in order for the 3 persons listed to do an audit on the account before the funds are transferred and the accounts closed.
By-laws: Savannah suggested that we table the discussion and changes to the RQHA Inc by-laws to a later meeting date where the new Board of Directors and Officers could meet face-to-face.
Nominating Committee: (Mary & Cheyenne)
Mary & Cheyenne presented a listing of 12 people they propose for the 2018 Board of Directors.
1. Alice Cone7. Matt Howell
2. Cheyenne Guelker8. Arzenet Burnes
3. Robin Hill9. Savannah Maylone
4. Robert Briggs10. Julie Napier
5. Katy Dove11. Donna Hudson
6. Penny Welch12. Robin Morris-Walters
Mary made a motion that the 12 people proposed become the 2018 Board of Directors for RQHA Inc with Arzenet Burnes as President, Matt Howell as Vice President, Julie Napier as Treasurer and Penny Welch as Secretary. Katie Dove seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Matt made a motion that we participate in TQHA this year at a cost of $1000 ($500/show) as it is good advertisement. Savannah seconded the motion. Motion passed.
March 24 & 25, 2018 show:
1. Trail class will be moved to the first class of the day to help with time management of the show.
2. Ray Owsley will bring the trailer of trail equipment to the show on Friday.
3. Robert will provide trail patterns.
4. Penny will add something to the show bill to say that our shows are TQHA approved.
5. Macy will again be the contact person for stalls & RV spots.
6. Ranch trail will not be offered at this show due to time constraints.
7. Penny will get the show bill sent out in the next few days.
8. The March, 2019 show will be proposed as a 3-day show using the same class schedule as the October show in order to add the VRH confirmation, VRH trail, VRH pleasure & VRH reining classes.
The verbiage "and show under a minimum of 5 of the 5 RQHA judges offered" has been added to #8 of the rules for 2018.
Penny will add verbiage to the bottom of the rules sheet that states: "please note: any cumulative award of $599.00 or more will require that RQHA Inc obtain a social security number so that a 1099 can be sent to the award recipient."
Alice made a motion that we set the awards budget for the 2017 awards at $4,350.00. Matt seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Penny will add the following verbiage to the thank you letter for any future sponsorship received: "In accordance with the 1994 IRS regulation this letter is the official receipt for your gift of $____ that does not include any goods, benefits, or services in exchange for the contribution."
Penny will send a receipt to those sponsors who have already been mailed a thank you.
The next board meeting will be Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM via telephone conference.
Robert made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:16 PM. Katy seconded the motion. Motion passed.